Saturday, February 7, 2015

0

Brian Williams to take hiatus from 'NBC Nightly News' after fake Iraq war story controversy

  • Saturday, February 7, 2015
  • AM edejer
  • Share
  • Williams

    NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Brian Williams announced on Saturday that he will be taking a brief hiatus from the television news program amid controversy surrounding a false story he told about being aboard a helicopter that was downed by RPG fire during the Iraq War in 2003.



    Williams sent a note to NBC News staff, describing his decision. Here is the statement, in full:



    In the midst of a career spent covering and consuming news, it has become painfully apparent to me that I am presently too much a part of the news, due to my actions.



    As Managing Editor of NBC Nightly News, I have decided to take myself off of my daily broadcast for the next several days, and Lester Holt has kindly agreed to sit in for me to allow us to adequately deal with this issue. Upon my return, I will continue my career-long effort to be worthy of the trust of those who place their trust in us. Read more...



    More about Nbc News, Business, Media, Us, and Brian Williams



    from Mashable http://ift.tt/1DOwTlf

    via

    0 Responses to “Brian Williams to take hiatus from 'NBC Nightly News' after fake Iraq war story controversy”

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe